Monday, June 3, 2013

Bantu Knot Out on Transitioning Hair

I tried a bantu knot out after watching about 12 jillion videos on them.  I washed and deep conditioned my hair, then applied a leave in liquid, jojoba oil, and let's jam creme gel.

I twisted up 6 knots around my head.


As you can see, my roots are a crae crae!

I slept with my satin scarf on my head, and let the knots air dry overnight.

Voila! It worked-ish.





Lopsided much?

2 knots weren't fully dry (my hair don't like drying under a scarf or in knots), so 1 side's longer than the other because of the droop of being wet.

Other than that, I liked the curls! I wasn't expecting such a super curly turnout with only 6 knots, but it was good.  So now I know to use 6 knots for smaller medium curls, and to alot for the extra long drying time, or do it dry.

I tried 3 knots on day 3 to try to revive the curls, it didn't quit work as you can see below.


Maybe it would have worked better if had combed my hair.  Clearly my hair looks like a craptastic birds nest.


***5 MONTHS, AND COUNTING***

No comments:

Post a Comment