Friday, June 28, 2013

Deep condition in public without looking crazy

So I was washing my hair and was just about to put in my deep conditioner when I got a text from a friend inviting me out to lunch in an hour.  Ahhh!!!! Was my 1st thought, my second thought was, Ain't nobody got time to fully deep condition, then try to tame my mane (which is what my hair really looks like with all this new growth) and get dressed to go in an hour!

Think think think!  So I thought, if I can deep condition while I'm out and then just wash it out when I get home from lunch that'd be perfect!  Maybe I can wear an open knit hat (because a closed knit hat in the summer is odd) with a shower cap under it and no one will notice.  Furthermore, I can't wear the hat pulled down on my forehead to fully cover all my hair (cuz I'd look weird), I'll need to wear it back some, slouchy style.  So hopefully the conditioner will be clear so no one can tell that that is what's on my exposed hair (which means I can't pile the conditioner on as much as usual).  These were all my thoughts in trying to make public deep conditioning work.

Here was the outcome...



As you can see, I managed to wipe off the white bits of conditioner on the exposed hair, and since the shower cap was clear, it wasn't super obvious unless you tried very hard to see it.  The bottom picture has a flash which is why you can see the shinyness of the cap underneath, but even still, that doesn't look crazy at all. 

So actually I think this is a pretty good idea in warm weather (because in cold weather your hair would freeze).  You are getting things done or having fun while conditioning your hair, and if it's hot outside, that's just like sitting under the dryer with your conditioner!  Good thing I made this hat in many colors, and I will be making more because they are a necessity, especially while transition to natural hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment