Friday, June 28, 2013

Protective transitioning style, cornrow braids

Quick post to show the braids I had in order to protect my hair as well as not have to deal with it.  It's basically 3 rows of braids with pieces of weave in it for length.

I used mostly black and some purple Kanekelon hair, my mom did the braiding.  The first time she braided my hair like this she did only two rows of braids, but I figured with 3 there would be more hair so if I wore it down it wouldn't look as sparse.

This took about 4-6 hours to do, only because I'm tender headed so I mad my mom be extra gentle which meant going really slow and constantly using tons of detangler (which I will review later) and the time it took organizing the weave for use.  I'm sure this could likely be done in 2 hours on hair without the weave.

I left them in for 2 weeks.

 


I usually wore it in a bun.


You can see the purple "streaks" in my bun nicely.

 

Bad picture of it styled with the top row pinned together and the back two rows left down.  I had tried using curlers on them but the curls fell almost immediately :-(


 Wore them in a french braid too.



No comments:

Post a Comment